Test TechnicianOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble large and small piping loops using hand and pneumatic tools
- Perform tests as outlined in Test Requests and according to internal procedures
- Maintain test schedules as established by management
- Review Test Requests to determine that proper test equipment is available
- Lift, move and assemble pipes, pumps, valves, nuts, bolts and equipment within allowable company weight allowances
- Verify product to be tested meets Test Request specifications
- Ensure test measuring devices are within calibration period and in good working order prior to performing a test
- Select proper equipment to build test setups to perform required tests
- Modify product components for performance enhancements and/or cost reductions as required
- Operate machine tools such as a lathe, drill press and mill
- Perform basic electrical wiring tasks for voltages ranging from 120-volts to 480-volts
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Promote safe work practices
- Enforce safety rules
- Participate in meetings pertaining to product tests
- Provide lab leadership as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associates degree in a mechanical or electrical field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, especially Word and Excel
- Mechanical and electrical assembly experience
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Testing background (but will train if needed)
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong mathematical background
- Mechanical aptitude
- Electrical aptitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Assemble very large to small piping arrangements using hand, pneumatic and battery operated tools
- Bending, lifting, turning
- Tightening and loosening fasteners
- Lifting of heavy objects, within ESH guidelines
- Installing and operating pumps, motors and valves
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working in an industrial environment with occasional elevated ambient and high humidity conditions
- High ambient noise levels
- Potential electrical, steam, water, pressure and air hazards
- Outdoor activity may be required
Standard weekly job hours:
Minimum of 40 hours per week, typically 1st shift
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.