Sr. Software Validation Engineer (Hybrid)Engineering | Raleigh, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Sr. Software Validation Engineer. As a member of the Software Validation and Test Team, they will design, develop and execute Software Test Plans, Test Cases and compile accurate results. The Software Validation Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing software automation techniques to improve test execution, reliability of test results and improve overall time to market. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are a self-starter and are motivated, excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends, cloud data centers, data aggregation and big data analytics, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Create, automate and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Log detailed defect records for SW/FW engineering, including step-by-step instructions to recreate the fault
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
- Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes
- Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
- Test all aspects of system including meter, base station, head end, and user interface behaviors
- Ability to help develop, set up, and manage test environments
- Ability to use statistical tools in solving problems
- Considerable knowledge of IT, HW, FW, and SW test methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to read and understand networking technical specifications
- Ability to review and provide feedback on requirements, software designs and code, test plans and test cases.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a software development and verification related field
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Working experience testing Web services using Soap UI- Is a Plus
- Experience in System level testing of complex multi-product system networks with strong networking skills and IP interoperability background. (Prior exposure in smart grid applications and utilities would be a plus)
- Experience with Oracle / SQL databases. Must know essential database queries—create, retrieve, update, and delete records in databases.
- Experience validating GUI interfaces
- Experience with Linux and Windows Platforms
- Working knowledge of some or all the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, and user interface testing
- Experience to determine if test automation should use commercial tools and/or custom scripts coupled with the ability to develop automated custom QA solutions
- Familiarity with Test tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- Working knowledge of data networking and communications protocols especially as applied to radio networks and WAN (wide area networks) is desirable
- SQL and Oracle database knowledge and experience with software configuration management is desirable
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Delivered a low-latency, server scale services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, Linux, middleware, database.
- Must have a working knowledge of one modern programming language such as python or Java.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.