Senior Counsel Eastern EuropeLegal | Warszawa, Poland, Poland
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel, reporting to the VP General Counsel Europe, to support and advise the Eastern Europe Region with any legal matters.
The role of Senior Counsel, Eastern Europe is to:
- Provide world-class business partnership with all businesses and functions within Xylem’s Eastern Europe region, including helping create and enable Xylem’s growth strategy while at the same time safe-guarding the company’s reputation. This includes:
- Partnering with and advising Xylem’s Eastern European businesses in connection with all day-to-day legal issues arising in the region, including, without limitation, commercial issues, compliance issues (including anti-bribery, competition and privacy laws), contract support (including drafting, review, negotiation and interpretation of all types of contracts in the day-to-day support of our business operations), general corporate and governance issues (including all matters involving the management of our corporate entities) and labor and employment laws;
- Managing litigation and providing practical legal advice in connection with day-to-day commercial disputes with business partners and other third parties
- Providing legal support on key levers for inorganic growths within Eastern Europe, including strategic partnerships, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and technology transactions.
- Closely partnering with business clients to implement, monitor and continuously improve legal processes and controls that mitigate risk while enabling commercial activities;
- Developing and deploying training and tools to clients in order to scale up the reach and effectiveness of legal services in the region
- Managing outside counsel and other service providers in the management of certain legal matters affecting Xylem’s business in Eastern Europe and holding such provider accountable to budgets;
- Implementing Xylem’s Anti-Corruption Program in Eastern Europe including providing training on the Xylem third party due diligence process and the Xylem GHT policy; and monitor compliance and effectiveness of such programs
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
Legal degree. Solid experience in handling legal matters in Eastern Europe and from an international perspective. Knowledgeable about applicable local laws in the Eastern European region, especially those impacting commercial operations of the businesses located in the region as well as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other Eastern European anti-bribery laws. Has the ability to work with multi-functional teams and provide pertinent training. Equal or similar position held with international company with strong compliance program. Must be able to conduct business, including meetings, in English and Hungarian and/or Polish.
Effective Communication: Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Must be able to convey ideas and messages effectively, both formally and informally. Must deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supplying supporting facts as necessary. Must be able to prepare reports, documentation, and other written information thoroughly and completely. Ability to interact professionally and effectively at different levels of the organization
Judgment, Prioritization and Planning: Ability to demonstrate judgment and plan, prioritize and handle multiple job responsibilities/projects and meet deadlines
Ability to handle job responsibilities independently and be able to apply own judgment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks effectively to complete complex projects. Must be organized and efficient, and able to define objectives for projects or initiatives, maximizing time and resources and overcoming obstacles. Ability to work well under pressure. Must demonstrate ability to maintain composure and professionalism while handling multiple competing demands and requirements.
Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work well in a team environment
Must believe in teamwork and identify with the team. Must recognize and support team goals over individual goals. Must readily collaborate with others, recognizing and valuing their contributions. Must contribute productively to group outcomes and contribute fair share of work to group efforts. Must be able to effectively engage and collaborate with business clients across the regions, including in person travel when appropriate.
Process Improvement: Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
Must see his/her work as a series of processes. Must create and apply business metrics to monitor quality and process effectiveness, allowing him/her to manage Xylem processes and drive enhancements to ensure adherence to Xylem policies and procedures.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.