Regional Manager, Environment, Health & Safety NordicsOperations | Oslo, Norway, Norway
“The key is not to prioritise what’s in your schedule
but to schedule your priorities!”
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Providing specialist EHS support within the Water Infrastructure Team driving accountability, cultural change and safe behaviours across the region, through positive interventions, safety workshops and providing advice guidance and training as required.
Assist the ESH Director in developing and implementing improvement programs and delivering key strategic objectives within the region
Develop and promote a culture of safe working through good practice, standards, engagement, risk management, and communication
Facilitate coaching and mentoring opportunities with the local EHS and Operational teams that fosters learning with understanding on EHS systems and processes
Provide information, instruction and training at all levels of the organisation to enhance the overall EHS performance and engagement
Assist in the development, implementation and review of the company’s Environmental, Health & Safety and sustainability operational policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, & Xylem corporate model programs
Conduct and participate in planned and unscheduled audits , inspections and positive interventions across all business units and locations within the geography, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, company policy and procedure, and identify best practices.
Lead incident investigations to identify root causes, develop and implement corrective action plans. Sharing the learnings across the Greater Xylem business.
To support the Company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company
Support local EHS Coordinators in implementing the programs within their areas of operational control.
Assist in the collation of data for the Xylem ESH metrics program via setting goals, driving improvements and tracking and reporting results to both Water Solutions personnel, including the ESH Director and Corporate management.
Assists in the internal and external reporting requirements to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Assist in the resolution of recommendations resulting from environmental, safety and quality investigations.
Assist the company in establishing objectives and targets to aid continual improvement of the EHS management system through analyzing key performance indicators, audit findings and incident/ accident data.
To advise and help managers and employees meet their EHS obligations for the organization including the identification or non-conformances and provide solutions to remedy non-conformances that are identified
Responsible for the achievement of annual personal goals
Carry out other tasks as may be defined that may be required in order to develop the business
Undertake the duties of the ESH Director in their absence to ensure the continuation of the overall ESH program.
- minimum of 3 or 5+ years’ business experience in global/international company
- Experience of running multiple, large size international projects in different locations
- Proficiency in coaching, people development, change management
- Demonstrated success in leading significant change in large organization
- Proven ability to develop an influential relationship at multiple levels
- Team player
- Excellent overall business acumen and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Passion for coaching and change management
- Ability to teach and describe excellence
Traveling expectation: 75% in Europe
Language: Fluent in English and Swedish or Norwegian
(PLEASE APPLY ONLY WITH ENGLISH CV )