Project ManagerEngineering | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Project Manager. The PM will be responsible for overseeing the equipment design, coordinating the review and approval of equipment submittals, scheduling production, and handling any issues during installation. In addition, the PM will manage the scope, schedule, and cost of the equipment to deliver the project on time and under budget.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review project documents; examples include contracts, plans, specifications and all related documentation in their entirety and tailor project deliverables accordingly.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers, consultants, suppliers, representatives and colleagues as necessary to effectively execute project deliverables.
- Review technical design and layout.
- Review and prepare data packages, submittal, and fabrication drawings.
- Review all electrical, mechanical, and civil aspects of project with appropriate staff.
- Document and communicate all deviations to the contract in the submittals.
- Upon receiving approvals from customer, release all equipment to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure compliance with project schedules.
- Interface with Operations staff for supply chain deadlines.
- Coordinate scope of work and pricing with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare schedule of values for billing purposes.
- Coordinate installation and commissioning services.
- Issue warranty letter and follow project through warranty period. Notify appropriate accounting/finance personnel of warranty start and end dates.
- Travel to project sites, supplier's factories and technical conferences as required.
- Maintain an understanding of core process and control systems.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Assist with product research and development as required.
- Participate and lead special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Business Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- 2-10 years of experience in engineering related capacity; ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Possess the required communication, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills for internal and external customer service and be a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Professional Engineer and/or Project Management (PMI) certifications preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to travel via plane and car
- Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements at municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.