Project Engineering ManagerEngineering | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Project Engineering Manager who will lead an engineering and design team in project execution efforts, while working across multiple brands within our Treatment organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a strong team of multi-disciplined engineers and designers (mechanical/electrical) in the design and supply of fabricated systems for water and wastewater treatment.
- Set and achieve project related execution tasks from project start to project completion, to include scope of supply clarification, compliance with customer specifications, detailed submittal packages, fabrication drawings, equipment inspection, and factory acceptance testing.
- Work in close collaboration with Project Management and Procurement teams to maintain project schedules and priorities.
- Develop and implement value added procedures and processes to facilitate efficient project execution.
- Provide support to the Sales and Application Engineering teams, including project specification reviews, specifying correct equipment and components suitable to required design requirements, and evaluating project timelines based on current workload.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet relevant & specified regulatory standards.
- Provide feedback on value added engineering solutions and/or configurations to reduce overall costs, increase opportunities for change orders, or other significant costs otherwise unaccounted for.
- Provide advanced mechanical technical support to the Field Service Department as needed to support troubleshooting efforts, factory testing, and field installation and project commissioning.
- Maintain a strong customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
- Work with engineering support staff on career development opportunities & behavioral development. Manage on-going performance through coaching, continuous feedback, and consistent communication with direct reports.
- Promote and support a “one team” culture between the Engineering teams across the organization the US and internationally.
- Promote and participate in implementing a continuous improvement culture.
- Drive and promote cross brand collaboration within Xylem.
- Proactively identify and mitigate technical risk
- Provide expert level customer support & establish team actions to support and deliver on timeline commitments
- Develop and approve Standard Operating Procedures, verify team performance to SOP
- Adhere to Xylem Inc. Standard Operating Procedures
- Travel to project sites, supplier’s factories, and technical conferences as necessary
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in project execution
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of mechanical fundamentals and processes
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong background in analytics and problem solving
- Domestic and International travel up to 15%.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Working in the office performing design and administrative functions
- Office: Administrative ‐ computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such
- as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements at municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law,