Program ManagerEngineering | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Program Manager will be mainly responsible for leading and delivering NPD programs on time and budget, driving cross-functional team, managing risks, developing mitigations, effectively communicating to key stakeholders, and continuously improving NPD and project management process within the Xylem organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Mainly responsible and accountable for on-time delivery of NPD projects/ programs through Stage & Gate process.
- May lead Value Optimized Design (VOD), emerging market Localization and SKU rationalization programs
- Effectively communicate to key stakeholders horizontally and vertically on program status, risks and resource needs
- Apply project leadership skills to manage critical paths, develop timely countermeasures and build, influence and lead cross-functional teams to execute program plans
- Adopt and apply Agile methodology in product development especially in software or firmware developments
- Continuously improve NPD process and program management practice
- Organize team and deliver Gate reviews to senior leaders
- Plan and deliver NPD trainings to cross-functions in North America
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant New Product Development and project/ program management experiences, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience with Stage & Gate Process
- Experience with MS Project and Project Web Application preferred
- Experience with Electronics and/or software/ firmware developments preferred
- BS Engineering with MBA or master degree preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Position located in Morton Grove, IL.
- Domestic and international travels required at ~20-25%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.