Principal Software Engineer (UI)Engineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Principal Software Engineer (UI) who will be responsible for all technical aspects of software solutions running on the Sensus Analytics platform including architecture, design and implementation review. This position will provide technical leadership to multiple engineering teams responsible for collaboratively developing infrastructure and software applications for Sensus’ core smart grid customer facing platform. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends like AWS, Big Data platforms and modern Web development technologies, this is the role for you.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Will be a strong hands-on technical leader and contributor that is responsible for the development of patterns, practices and shared modules used by software engineering teams
- Is an accomplished Web Application developer that is highly skilled at designing, implementing, testing and deploying elegant reactive single-page Applications (SPA)
- Is up to date on new technologies and software development practices who can make appropriate tradeoffs in order to deliver high quality Web Applications as rapidly as possible
- Is a strong user advocate that is passionate about delivering great user experiences and exceptional value to our customers
- Will be delivering high quality Web Applications in environments where scale, performance, monitoring, reliability and maintainability are core requirements
- Will mentor Web Application development team members who are on a technical career path and are interested in becoming future technical leads and principal engineers
- Will provide Web Application architecture, design and implementation direction to multiple engineering teams
- Will provide operations support for business-critical solutions in the production environment as needed
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile team
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in a software development leadership role that successfully delivered several large-scale Web Application projects
- Expert level proficiency with the entire Angular eco-system that includes a thorough understanding of the component lifecycle
- Expert level understanding of HTML and other Web related standards
- Experience building developer automation tools to provide consistency across applications and increase productivity using technologies such as Angular Schematics
- Strong unit and integration testing skills
- Passionate about creating great software
- Experience managing Git repositories in continuous integration (CI) environments
- Have 2+ years of experience developing back-end services
- Have experience with online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Have experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Have delivered low-latency, server scale services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Have experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical solutions
- Have experience collaborating with a dedicated UX team
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.