Plastic Injection Molding Set-up TechnicianOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
Your Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Plastic Injection Molding Set-up Technician at its Uniontown, Pennsylvania manufacturing facility The Plastics Injection Molding Set-up Technician will set plastic injection molds of all sizes and complexities in a variety of plastic injection molding machines to be able to efficiently produce quality parts. The set-up technician will be responsible for maintaining the process during the production run and assisting molding machine operators as needed.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Removes mold and auxiliary equipment from press and returns equipment to proper location. Sets next mold, locates and fastens on press, adjusts by shimming, sets ejection, sets pins, sets and adjusts to prescribed pressures, stroke, and temperatures, changing piping as required. Sample parts visually as well as dimensionally using micrometers, depth gauges, Federal dial indicators, etc.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to specifications or from instructions of supervisor. Use all available setup records as a guide to machine setup in relation to machine cycles, temperature settings, etc.
- Setup and prepare auxiliary equipment such as temperature controllers, conveyors, resin dryers, finishing tools, drill press, tapping head, etc.
- Report to supervisor any setups that cannot be run in accordance with prescribed methods.
- Have machine in operation and producing acceptable parts, checked by inspection, before releasing for production operation.
- Instruct operator on proper operation of machine such as loading and unloading machine, etc.
- Acknowledge and correct molding difficulties. Report to supervisor of all problems and all difficulties with molding process
- Maintain accurate records on job starting and stopping times, production counts, and machine downtime.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, quantity, quality, and safety standards or procedures.
- Perform additional job duties not outlined but within the scope of the job activities as directed
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities
- 5 years of plastics injection molding set-up and processing experience
- Experience with robotic load/unload/packing equipment is highly preferred
- Hand-on set-up related experience with plastic injection molding machines, cranes, various hand tools, temperature controllers, drill press, tapping arms, pick and place robots, etc.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- May be required on occasion to lift and carry 25-30 pounds and up to 55 lbs. on rare occasion
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, walk, climb, and move about the facility.
- May be required to change shifts as demand or seniority dictates
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours; daily and weekend overtime may be required
- The plant work environment is a typical manufacturing environment with moving machinery/equipment, concrete floors, and temperature fluctuations due to climate and seasonal changes where not environmentally controlled.
- Protective eyewear, safety toe shoes and other personal protective equipment required.
- Hearing protection required in some areas due to machinery and factory-related noise.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.