Outside Sales RepresentativeSales | Mokena, IL, United States
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the rentals and sales of Xylem products and services.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com.
- Establish new accounts while maintaining and increasing the sales volume of territory accounts and territories in compliance with all company policies, instructions and directives. This includes aggressively soliciting orders through cold calling, developing construction marketing data leads, answering incoming requests and all other means possible.
- Apply application technologies to provide useful and practical service, pumps and solutions to customers, while seeking new uses for company products.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the territory.
- Identify, develop and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products in assigned business.
- Create synergy opportunities for cross-business selling based on Xylem solution set awareness.
- Be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices and keep management informed concerning them.
- Prepare and assist with various sales reports. This includes sales audits, bids, proposals, quotes, workload analysis, sales forecasts, territory potentials, call programs and routes, call reports and expense reports. Also submit any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions as may be required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, sales blitzes, committee activities, conventions and trade shows as directed. Participate in other worthwhile community activities as public relations asset to the company.
- Assist in the field training of any sales representative as requested.
- Keep abreast of and review/analyze Dodge Room and Contractors Exchange Research reports.
- External: Customers, Distributors, Associations
- Internal: Inside Sales, Service Center Managers, Regional Directors, Marketing
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or rental industry preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulic, pneumatics, water flow, diesel, gas and electric motors in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is required.
- Ability to present product education seminars to groups of 20-40 people is a must.
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Effective organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proven presentation and communication skills including face-to face interaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a company vehicle for extended periods of time throughout cities, job sites, major highways and interstates (including tunnels and bridges) and in all weather conditions
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: Regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards; e.g. petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.
- Shop: Regular exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
Standard weekly job hours:40+
Travel requirement:50%+ or as required
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).