OEM Regional Sales ManagerSales | Chicago, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The OEM Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sale of company products, programs and services to OEM’s in a specified region. Individual will assist in development and execution of the OEM strategy; including: account segmentation, prioritization, planning, and execution.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Identify Sales, Margin and SOW growth targets for various assigned accounts within region. Directly responsible for growing sales across account base and increasing platforms within existing accounts. Identify NEW OEM accounts and / or new business development / market opportunities and call on those respective accounts; Classify A /B account utilizing VBCE principles. Prepare Value Proposition Statements to be presented to OEM Sales Manager - Americas; also, oversee the integration of synergy products for all ACT products.
- Prepare sales quotations, select and size equipment per customer specifications, negotiate and/or assist in crafting complex proposals, Communicate and coordinate with OEM Application and customer service, Product Marketing, Engineering, and other relevant departments to promptly and accurately address customer issues. Train OEM Engineering teams on ACT selection programs and policies.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans for the promotion of ACT products in the assigned region, specifically for the Top 5 sub-markets; Boilers, Chillers / Process Cooling, RO and Filtration, Vehicle Wash and Packagers. Work closely with OEM Inside Sales and Marketing Teams to identify Product enhancement and / or Product Development opportunities. Lead the development of both short and long range financial plans, budgets, and other business metrics based on broad VC goals and growth objectives for the region.
- Make prospecting calls to end customers, distribution channel partners, OEMs and EPC firms.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues throughout ACT, Flow Control, and Heat Transfer divisions to ensure Xylem interests are well represented within all market segments. Work closely with OEM and selling channels within the region, to determine best method to support OEM; including selling through distributors.
- Participate in meetings both with and without customers, as necessary for the purpose of developing strategies, reviewing performance, disseminating information on new products, sales policies and pricing, etc.
- Identify and evaluate distributor candidates for the Commercial Pool market; develop plans to align best customer support to help grow their business.
- Assist in selecting the right products for the total solution utilizing computer sizing and selection programs as required.
- Assist in determining specifications or design features through the Voice of the Customer to improve customer satisfaction and expand the scope and application of current product line. Identify
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- S. Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in channel management and related technical sales experience – Water Filtration RO Systems or HVAC Industries preferred
- Solid presentation skills, technical capabilities
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- Financial Management
- Customer Focus, Negotiation skills, Customer Management and Development, Strategic Business Perspective.
- Effective written and oral communications, Influencing, Cultural sensitivity.
- Basic computer, fast-track market developer, managerial, interpersonal, broad knowledge of vertical market (CBS, Res/Ag or Industrial) industry, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel requirement: 50-75%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.