Logistics SpecialistOperations | Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Logistics Specialist
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide exceptional Logistics support to Egypt domestic and Export market customers through
• Ensuring orders are shipped to meet customer service and delivery expectations (Domestic/ Export)
• Operate with excellence providing cost improvement opportunities
• escalate roadblocks to leadership to enable swift mitigation of root cause
• To partner with Internal Stakeholder & responsive to the needs of business growth.
a) Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching, and assuring quality of goods
b) Continuous improvement ensuring maintaining and updating SOP
a) Supervises WH team and others for material Handling/ WH/ Dispatch
b) Manages the shipments/ trucking schedule and performance
c) Provide W&D cost analysis and optimization opportunities
d) Ensure Timely updating documentation of all inventory transactions
e) Effective receipt/ release/ inventory management of WH items in accordance with FIFO basis
f) Ensure warehouse practices comply to documented SOP
g) Accountable for WH inventory physical cycle counts as scheduled
h) Follow up on system updates & proper segregation of rejected materials and disposition advice
i) Ensure proper segregation of rejected materials/products and execute appropriate disposition
j) Maintains warehouse Safety & housekeeping in accordance with 5S discipline.
a) Receives/ Review and process import/ Export documentation
b) Collect and revise Export/ Import confirmed orders to the best fit pallet/ container utilization
c) Work closely with Shipping/Logistics for on time shipping document availability.
d) ensure on time dispatch of shipping document to custom broker to avoid penalty and demurrage
e) Manage Customs broker and his activities clearing related issues and adhering to XYLEM policies
f) Plans, executes & schedules the trucking of containers into the Plant with documentation to appointed hauler’s & other appointed forwarders
g) Responsible on adhering to agreed process/ timeline
a) OT delivery
b) W&D cost/ truck/ freight utilization report
c) Consolidate the Import/ Export shipments details and follow up on the process as per the SOP
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (Minimal experience, essential skills & abilities, required certification)
• 5 Years Proven Warehousing and distribution experience.
• Knowledge with Export/ Import local requirements (preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred)
• Completed Degree / Diploma in business, logistics, supply chain or related field.
• CPIM / LEAN/ KANBAN
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (e.g., physical demands, work environment)
• Must: Proficiency in SAP ERP including MRP and Master Data
• LEAN/ 5S/ /WH management/ visual management
• Sound time-management and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Possess continuous improvement mindset.
• A good team player with good analytical thinking, meticulous and follow up skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently under fast-paced environment.
• Able to work multi tasks and under minimal supervision.