Director, Business Relationship Management, Growth & InnovationProject Management | Charlotte, NC, United States
We’re Hiring for a Director, Business Relationship Management, Growth & Innovation!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Director, Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is accountable for driving the creation of a strategic business technology roadmap and to ensure legacy technologies are enhanced, maintained and supported to address business needs. This position will report to the VP, BRM, Strategy & Planning with a dotted line to Senior Vice President & Chief Growth Officer.
This role works closely with the Growth and Innovation leadership and IT leadership to align business strategy, processes and systems needs to support local, regional and global requirements. They are the primary liaison between Growth & Innovation and the enterprise IT organization. The individual will lead the development of technology in support of key strategies for the Growth organization – including commercialization / product management, simplified e-Commerce and extensive experience in formalizing strategies to consolidate and rationalize enterprise processes market-to-order and ideation-to-creation .
Reporting into this role, a team of analysts will support the identification and prioritization of business demand, develop the case for change and the business case of change and ensuring the delivery of a portfolio of projects to help business divisions achieve their financial objectives.
We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop multi-year business capability roadmaps with enterprise architecture.
- Review requirements with change management and business transformation teams.
- Develop a “healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio” with the project, program or portfolio management organization (PMO).
- Communicate with business leadership to evaluate joint initiatives and proposals to see how they align with established roadmaps and business priorities.
- Identify business value when developing ideas with a focus on digital awareness, risk assessment, business continuity and business capability requirements.
- Identify strategic business function opportunities both short-term and long-term and track adoption across the relevant departments.
- Build and manage a relationship team to oversee “convergence and strategic partnering” across the organization, including with executive and senior leadership.
Visionary Leadership and Strategic Planning:
- Responsible for aligning business needs, creating business value return model and working with enterprise information technology execution teams.
- Review business strategies in cooperation with business owners and enterprise IT teams to enable future business solutions
- Act as the primary liaison to identify emerging business trends and technologies that will enhance growth within the ISC.
- Build, manage and nurture a solid relationship with Growth & Innovation leadership, IT Leadership Team, IT colleagues and governance or project teams to address business needs while driving system and process standards.
- Communicate proactively with key stakeholders
- Have ability to influence without direct authority and demonstrate conflict management skills
- Partner with key personnel to develop key business needs or requirements in support of sustaining or developing IT related solutions.
- Closely collaborate with Growth & Innovation leadership, IT Leadership, and other key stakeholders to understand and assist with prioritizing technology enabled business initiatives.
- Coordinate with Program Management Office personnel to ensure projects are delivering to cost, schedule and expected delivery milestones
- Act as primary liaison where appropriate to align the business staff and expectations of projects to ensure goals are being achieved.
- Act as an ambassador and the primary focal point for IT within the growth group to optimize technology enablement and create standard work – both in the current environment and long-term strategy
- Lead in developing proposals and business cases for technology enabled business initiatives.
- Experience in leading SAP, CRM implementations – particularly with deployment methods and risk-mitigation exercises
- Experience in implementing quoting, e-comm and product catalog projects.
- Participate in the translation of business requirements to the Enterprise IT organization so that business needs are understood and addressed.
- Lead adoption of technology and business process standards
- 5+ years of experience in a business analysis or related role, with a proven track record of successful project delivery.
- Be active in the growth group to gather business requirements, assist with the creation of business value projections and deliver key communication from IT to the Growth group.
- Work with IT execution team service owners to understand Service Level Agreements (SLA) and as needed provide feedback to ensure business needs are being addressed within the expected levels.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent), with 10+ years of experience preferred; or relevant and equivalent Business or IT experience
- Strong knowledge of business operations, preferably performing a business partner role working with business executives for 3+ years
- Possess general knowledge of related business technologies and applications that drive business growth, business management and long term business sustainability
- Program or Project management experience strongly preferred
- Financial & business analysis experience, specifically working with budgets and project costing
- Travel is expected 10 to 20% annually.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is generally in an office setting and may be performed remotely. The physical demands may include but are not limited to moving around in an office environment, frequent oral communication, close vision, and ability to operate office equipment. Up to 40% of time spent traveling.
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $115,000 to $207,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Wellness programs, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.