- Ideal for monitoring flows in canals, culverts, pipes and natural streams
- Self contained all-in-one design
- Proprietary flow algorithms for irrigation canals, natural streams and pipes
- Uses SonTek's exclusive SmartPulseHD® adaptive sampling
- Self-calibrating water level using vertical acoustic beam and pressure
- Standard package includes the SonTek-IQ, IQ software, easy mounting hardware, cable, adaptor and power supply
The SonTek-IQ® Series starts with a custom flow algorithm derived from hundreds of field measurements. Four velocity beams profile water velocity in 3-D - both vertically and horizontally - ensuring complete coverage of the velocity field. The built-in pressure sensor and vertical acoustic beam work in tandem to measure water level. Simply input the channel geometry using the intuitive SonTek-IQ Series software and you are outputting flow data in minutes.
NEW! All stainless steel hardware makes the IQ even more capable in difficult environments such as stormwater and certain wastewater where corrosion is a potential concern.
Capable of working both in man-made as well as natural channel, the SonTek-IQ® Series can collect flow (area-velocity) and volume data in as little as 8 cm (3 in) of water. Its five-beam pulsed Doppler design is Modbus, SDI-12, RS232 and Analog ready. Even better news - the SonTek-IQ Series installs with limited or no earthworks. With the SonTek-IQ Series, expect to get quality data for quality decision making.
The SonTek-IQ Standard, the SonTek-IQ Plus and SonTek-IQ Pipe all operate at 3 MHz. The Standard model works in depths up to 1.5 m (5 ft), while the Plus and Pipe model are ideal for water depths up to 5m (16 ft). The SonTek-IQ Plus/Pipe also incorporates advanced post-processing functions, providing deeper insight into your flow and volume data. All models use SonTek's proprietary algorithm SmartPulseHD.