- Multi-pump capability from 1 to 8 pumps
- Constant pressure
- Constant flow
- According to system curve
- Via an 4-20 mA or 0-10 V external signal
- Fulfills EN 61000 standards
- Embedded THDi filter to reduce harmonic interference
- Stop the pumps at zero flow
- Integrated soft start/stop: no water hammer and lower starting current
- Built in protection
- Over/under voltage
- Overcurrent/ output short protection
- Low water level
- Sensor failure
- Motor over temperature
- Inverter over temperature
- Minimum threshold/ conveyor limit
- Power: from 1,5 kW to 22 kW
- Power supply: single or three phase 50 or 60 Hz
- Communication: RS485 interface, BACnet, Modbus, Wi-Fi card (optional)
Hydrovar, the intelligent variable speed pump controller
Hydrovar is the intelligent pump controller that matches the performance to the demand. The system consists of a variable speed drive (VSD), a control card, sensors, EMC filters and motor/system protection. There’s no need for an external control panel when using Hydrovar.
The Hydrovar is easily mounted directly on the motor of the pump and will fit on any standard IEC motor. This makes the Hydrovar an excellent choice for retrofitting and upgrading of fixed speed systems.
EASY TO COMMISSION
The quick start up guide and logic menu system makes the Hydrovar easy to set up and operate. Advanced programming features allow optimizing the Hydrovar for almost any duty condition.
ENERGY SAVINGS POTENTIAL
A motor running at 80% of its maximum speed uses 48% less energy. With energy savings of up to 70% on partial loads alone, the typical investment payback period is less than two years depending on energy costs and pump operating times.
Xylem offer a neat tool to calculate the potential energy savings using a VSD. Learn more about and download the Xylem Energy Savings Calculator here.
Industries & Applications
Recommended Industries and Applications
|Hydrovar HVL 2.015 - 4.220 (en)||PDF | 4.43 MB|
|Hydrovar HVL 2.015 – 4.220 Bacnet Protocol and Objects||PDF | 663.16 KB|
|HVL 2.015 – 4.220 Modbus Protocol and Parameters (en)||PDF | 827.02 KB|