Sr. Electronics PCB DesignerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem is looking for a Sr Electronics PCB Designer for the development and implementation of printed circuit boards used in a wide variety of Sensus products, specifically battery powered water and gas
meters and communication products. The designer will create printed circuit boards to be used in
rugged environments and in high volume electronic applications, provide manufacturing data to PCB
vendors and prepare documentation for production. Assignments in the product lifecycle range from
the development of new designs at the concept phase to maintenance of current production
documentation. Use Altium exclusively for schematic generation, and printed circuit design. Use 2-D
and 3-D CAD tools in the design and development of new products. Act as the prime technical contact
within the PCB design team for the exchange of design information with printed circuit fabricators.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work closely with electrical design engineers to create PCB schematics and layouts (component placement and routing) based upon physical and electrical design specifications.
- Work within the development team to ensure layouts achieve circuit performance specifications, physical design requirements, and design for manufacturability goals.
- Create and/or modify PCB board outline, stackup, and panelization characteristics in accordance with Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing design constraints.
- Create production assembly level documentation during the development phase.
- In conjunction with the assigned design and development engineers, own the PCB design from conceptual stage thru production boards.
- Prepare all PCB information necessary to introduce new products, product redesign, and routine product changes.
- Interfaces with CEMs and PCB fabricators on DFM, quality related issues with the PCB design team.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associates Degree in Electronics or similar field from an accredited university or technical school. BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of PCB design experience, preferably including products in high volume production.
- Ability to manage a PCB design from concept to production.
- Experience and ability using and following documented Design for Test and Manufacturing guidelines for PCBs and PCB assemblies.
- Significant experience with IPC standards and general practices for PCBs and PCB assembly manufacturing.
- Use of STEP file transfer tools for ECAD and MCAD exchange.
- Ability to multi-task between multiple projects, working to achieve positive results for internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with an ECAD tool. Altium Designer preferred.
- Experience supporting release and archival activities.
- Capable MS Office and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality designs in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate and work with design engineers, project managers and others on the development, manufacturing and quality teams.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.