Senior AccountantFinance | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Senior Accountant is an active participant in managing, implementing and the oversight of the internal controls at the site. The Senior Accountant will also manage capital expenditures, assist in control testing, team projects and process improvements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing activities in strict adherence to close schedule
- Statutory Reporting
- Cost Accounting functions for the sites
- Inventory Accounting functions for the sites
- Serve as business partner to support AWS initiatives and make recommendations concerning business operations and resource allocation to improve financial performance and support operational excellence
- Ensures integrity of all compliance, internal and external reporting and coordination with VC and Xylem financial organizations and in line with US-GAAP and Local-GAAP and local legal requirements.
- Ensure functional objectives, operating policies and procedures, and SOX compliance needs are met
- Drive continuous improvement in terms of cost of finance as well as performance level. Meet yearly budget/forecast goals in quantitative measures
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Accounting or Finance. MBA or relevant advanced degree highly preferred.
- 3+ years' relevant financial experience, with cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including general and operational accounting, cost accounting, and day-to-day operational support.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills with strong proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge in US-GAAP
- Time management and organizational skills
- Planning and preparation
- Proactive basis communication
- Sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues is key
- Minimal travel to each site is required
- This role is viewed as a key pipeline role and the successful candidate must have the interest and ability to relocate in the future.
- Candidate should be a self-starter and highly motivated. Motivation to grow within Xylem is a must.
- Strong ethical standards are expected.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- CPA/CMA or working towards a certification
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
- One Stream
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- This role will be based in Cheektowaga, NY but there will be some remote work flexibility.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 5%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.