Product Marketing Manager Lifecyle Services NARMarketing | Rye Brook, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Is “customer-first” a pillar of your work values? Do you have a passion for researching and understanding behaviors and how marketing content can be a driving force to communicate the relevancy and value our offerings to our customers? If this is you, you may be a great fit for this Product Marketing Manager role in Xylem’s Lifecycle Services business. In this role, you will focus on turning insights from our customers and other customer-facing roles into core marketing content usable across our global organization to sell our value.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Build out a library of core product, service and program marketing collateral which regional and vertical marketing teams can localize and use to drive sales enablement and customer acquisition; including customer-centric messaging, positioning and value propositions, and product / program offering attributes which highlights our unique value and clearly differentiates Xylem from competitors.
- Tailor messaging that fits customers’ persona and maximizes the strengths of all marketing and communication channels to raise Xylem awareness and thought leadership in the market.
- Create feedback channels to communicate learning of customer needs, market trends, competitive positioning and information, and drivers of end-user engagement to influence the product / program roadmaps and innovation needs.
- Where required, develop an understanding of internal barriers and create content and programs to improve internal adaption in support of business transformation.
- Coordinate and collaborate across regions and marketing verticals to share best practices in content marketing, and drive cohesive and consistent brand image and value proposition for global lifecycle services when applicable.
- Create and publish regularly published newsletters for sales and service personnel.
- Prepare final reports, analyses, and findings and present to business leadership, critical stakeholders, and other partners.
- Support brand management activities to drive engagement with new and existing customers
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, business, communications and/or relevant field.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience (in B2B, industrial, or technology preferred) throughout the full products lifecycle.
- Intimate understanding of the nuances of product markets and customer personas.
- Proven track record of leveraging content marketing to drive commercial results for the business; with experience in driving customer adaption in mid to late stages of the product adoption life cycle.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills with a strong desire for collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
- Project manager skills with the ability to work quickly and with agility.
- Can think analytically, strategically, and creatively. We are looking for a dynamic marketer who brings discipline but also an innovative perspective to the role.
- Must be able to build relationships and effectively communicate across teams. Experience working across global cultures is required. Position requires judgment, discretion and the ability to interact with many country cultures and management. International experience is a plus.
- Maturity and ability to function independently as well as balancing strong team-work and collaborative approach.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, understand the complexities and nuances of a multinational organization.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development –To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards –We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark– Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- 35% travel to customer sites and regional offices
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $90,000 to $135,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.