Manufacturing Support TechnicianEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer Technician that will aid in establishing the overall Manufacturing strategy for Sensus/Xylem product lines. The successful candidate will embrace a team-oriented manufacturing-driven environment and will bring experience designing, implementing and sustaining Manufacturing Product/Processes.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, product, or equipment problems to minimize production down time
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufacturing product to determine root cause
- Assist manufacturing engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including documenting processes and temporary deviations
- Assist manufacturing team with purchase of tools, materials, and equipment.
- Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance, calibration, and inspections for manufacturing and test equipment
- Document and maintain system for manufacturing assets within facilities
- Work with outside vendors to quote manufacturing improvements and initiatives
- Assist with setup, testing, and transport of manufacturing equipment into and out of the facility
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, check out and trouble-shoot equipment
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in manufacturing
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Clean and maintain organized work areas, machines, and production lines. Help to implement 5S techniques
- Support manufacturing engineers on the team with cycle time analysis, work instruction updates, training of operators, and roll out of changes to line
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule
- Follow Manufacturing Engineers direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with coworkers
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics
- Background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting
- Have hands-on experience in operating various testing and laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, DAQs, thermal chambers, FW flashing stations, engineering accuracy test stands, etc.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resource
- Prior experience in a electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- Basic machine shop and fabrication skills a plus as well as the ability to measure and inspect critical parts
- Experience in supporting manufacturing activities
- Experience in a regulated environment, such as ISO
- Ability to use and understand general test equipment including DVM, torque wrenches, force gauges, etc.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.