Machine Shop Supervisor/CNC Programmer - 1st ShiftOperations | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a 1st shift Machine Shop Supervisor/CNC Programmer. As a member of the Operations Team, they will drive all tactical aspects and the strategic direction related to the day to day facilities machining operations. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives & daily production schedules are met.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day functions related to machining operations including establishment of departmental staffing, production schedule execution, capacity planning, general 5S activities & continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop a strategic vision for the areas of responsibility & lead efforts to execute to the plan.
- Be a champion for safety initiatives, develop the strategies and ensure the plans are executed successfully.
- Develop, refine and ensure that all staff are trained appropriately, develop standard work within the assigned areas and ensure the all preventative maintenance is performed routinely.
- Develop a pipeline of strategic process/productivity improvement projects within the assigned areas of responsibility and ensure that project timelines and milestones are met.
- Hands on with Machining processes and ability to problem solve and move materials through out machine shop to maintain schedules.
- Program CNC Equipment, this includes lathes, mills, machining centers, etc.
- Schedule and assign workload to CNC machinists.
- Investigate/assist with troubleshooting machining problems.
- Maintain tooling levels suitable for production.
- Develop CNC programs and machining methods.
- Ensures monthly metrics are calculated and reported accordingly.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college with a concentration in a technical field along with 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing/engineered to order environment.
- Knowledge/Training programing CNC lathes and mills (Mazatrol a plus)
- Post-Secondary Education with a concentration in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering/technology
- Experience working with multi shift production.
- Greenbelt or above training/certification
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently; stoop, crouch, kneel reach for and handle items, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish. Some duties require the ability to climb using ladders and stairs.
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: noise, fumes, dust, and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outdoors and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)