Invoice to Pay AnalystFinance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Invoice to Pay (I2P) Analyst plays an important role in promoting and maintaining adherence to Xylem’s Global Finance common technology platforms and best practice business process standards. This individual reports to the Regional Process Owner for Invoice to Pay (RPO I2P) and provides business partnership support to the finance teams and other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work as a regional point of contact for local business unit leaders and Service Provider (SP) for Invoice to Pay (I2P) processing
- Provide functional support and training to various end-users as it relates to invoice processing and payment, including SOP’s
- Serve as interface with SP for escalation and problem resolution pertaining to Purchase Orders, Goods/Services Receiving and Invoicing to ensure timely and accurate supplier payments
- Support I2P Leadership in problem solving and fact finding analysis
- Provide local and regional support to end-users on Xylem policies
- Serve as central request point for guidance and assistance regarding supplier additions and/or updates to the Vendor Data Master, including Vendor Master data cleansing
- Conduct user acceptance testing for system upgrades and changes
- Support month end close activities, as needed
- Partner with key stakeholders by translating feedback into process improvement recommendations
- Serve as change agent as new technologies and processes are introduced
- Providing ad-hoc reporting for leadership, effectively communicating with our business partners and participating in special or cross-functional projects.
- Assist with providing requested information for internal and external auditors
- Individual may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work period’s, or otherwise to balance the workload
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or additional equivalent experience
- 3+ years of high-volume Accounts Payable Accounting experience in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Good understanding of the I2P process, including sub ledger and general ledger account balancing and reconciliation
- Proficient analytical skills and data analysis ability with the background and a deep knowledge of business systems applications.
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Vendor Relations experience, good customer service skills
- Good analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives and recommending solutions; Ability to recognize and recommend changes
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; Good follow through skills
- Proficient with an ERP system, such as Oracle, Coupa and query tool
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience in preparing and organizing reporting and presentations effectively
- Good verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
- Familiarity with local and regional regulatory/compliance requirements a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard weekly job hours:
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.