Head of Business Development - Digital SolutionsSales | Any Location - United Kingdom, United Kingdom
About the Role:
Xylem is a global water technology company that is seeking a Head of Business Development - Digital Solutions to lead the development of the Xylem Digital Solutions business in the UK. This is a key leadership role within the organization, responsible for developing the Xylem Digital Solutions business by driving growth, building partnerships and managing the project funnel.
• Develop the Xylem Digital Solutions business in the UK and drive growth through effective business development and account management strategies.
• Build partnerships with key stakeholders in the water industry and identify new business opportunities.
• Manage the Digital Solution Project Funnel and forecast future business for products and services.
• Work in close collaboration with the Water Utility Regional Sales Managers / BDMs and other field sales engineers, in line with Xylem Water Solutions Strategy.
• Research and maintain market intelligence, including information on competitors and price levels to assist in day to day decisions and the formulation of strategy and budget planning regarding the allocated markets and products.
• Identify and exploit new frameworks where they apply for the products within the Digital solution portfolio.
• Develop and maintain the UK and Ireland Digital strategy.
• Proactively develop and maintain key contacts within the Water Companies Customers within the relevant areas including Innovation and energy.
• Monitor competitor performance on Frameworks for Digital Solutions.
• Organize, facilitate and deliver Product/Service Presentations, Lunch & Learns etc. direct to all Customer variants. Ability to organize customer events such as innovation days, site visits, factory visits and other associated customer facing events as part of the annual marketing plan or the strategic customer business plan for the region.
• Manage and lead the Business Development team.
Qualifications / Experience:
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, with proven experience in business development, account management, and team management.
• Strong technical background in Digital Solutions.
• Excellent knowledge of the UK water industry and existing contacts & relationships within UK and Ireland Water Companies in the Water and Sewerage Networks would be desirable.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently, self-motivated and result-oriented.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Full driving license (preferably clean).
• Willingness to travel as required.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional to join a global water technology company that is at the forefront of the industry. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop their career in a dynamic and challenging environment. If you meet the above requirements and are passionate about driving business growth, we would love to hear from you.