Automated Chemistry Analyzers OI Analytical CNSolution™ 9310 On-line Cyanide Analyzer
Accurate Measurement of Cyanide in Leaching Solutions
The OI Analytical CNSolution™ 9310 Online Cyanide Analyzer improves accuracy of cyanide detection in precious metal leaching solutions by offering a dynamic continuous-monitoring approach, significantly reducing operating costs.
- Provides highly accurate measurement of available cyanide in precious metal leaching solutions
- Uses well proven gas-diffusion amperometry technique in Methods USEPA OIA-1677 and ASTM D 6888-09
- Analyzer measurement ranges support use throughout the cyanidation process
- Detector response for each sample is displayed in real-time as a peak on the touch-screen display
- Continuous monitoring improves accuracy allowing more control of cyanide usage
The OI Analytical CNSolution™ 9310 Online Cyanide Analyzer is designed to measure available cyanide in precious metal leaching solutions by USEPA Method OIA-1677 and ASTM D 6888-09. The gas-diffusion amperometry technique in these methods has been demonstrated to be free of interferences from copper and metallic sulfides that impair the accuracy of traditional techniques such as titration.
CNSolution 9310 Online Cyanide Analyzers enable gold and silver mills to accurately measure and control cyanide levels at key points in the cyanidation process. Continuous online monitoring provides a dynamic view of the process rather than periodic snapshots obtained by grab sampling and laboratory analysis. Improved accuracy facilitates tighter control of cyanide usage and can significantly reduce a plant’s operating costs.
Reliable Data for Process Control
In operation, a filtered slurry sample is drawn into the CNSolution 9310 to fill a fixed volume loop. A base reagent is continuously pumped through one side of a gas diffusion module equipped with a hydrophobic membrane and out through the flow cell of an amperometric detector. The sample in the loop is injected into an acidic carrier stream. The acidic conditions convert CN– in the sample to hydrogen cyanide (HCN) gas. The HCN gas diffuses across the hydrophobic membrane into the base reagent where it converts back to CN– and enters the flow cell of the amperometric detector. Cyanide ions react with the silver electrode and generate a current proportional to the cyanide concentration. The detector response for each sample is displayed in real-time as a peak on the touch-screen display and can be output to a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. Data can be output to a LAN network in a Microsoft® Excel® – ready .csv format or retrieved using a USB memory stick.
Documentation & Tools
You may also need:
- Automated Chemistry Analyzers Flow Solution FS 3700 Automated Chemistry Analyzer
- GC Sample Introduction 4760 Eclipse Purge-and-Trap Sample Concentrator
- GC Systems VOC Analysis System
- Total Organic Carbon Analyzers 9210p On-line TOC Analyzer