Process EngineerSales | Torokbalint, Hungary, Hungary
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics solutions to address resource challenges and build smarter, more resilient infrastructure for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 17,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C. with 2021 revenue of $5.2 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at xylem.com.
Xylem is transforming from a water product vendor to a water/waste solutions partner, solving water & wastewater problems across the water infrastructure value chain. To accelerate this journey, Xylem Eastern Europe is enhancing technological competences in organization and approach, integrating a basic product-based selling approach ("Bottom-up") with a new customer problem-solving approach ("Top-Down"). Xylem's Eastern European region must be enhanced in technical competences to build up the local capabilities to deliver water and wastewater treatment solutions to the customer.
For the key role of Process Engineer, Xylem is seeking an experienced engineer with process knowledge in water & wastewater treatment. This position will provide technical competences to support the Eastern Europe commercial teams. The role will involve technical dialog/trainings with the designers and customers/distributors channel within the whole sales process. The candidate will also help existing customers and potential customers solve treatment needs through the selection, calculation and offer of various process solutions within Xylem’s portfolio.
The Process Engineer will be located in Bucharest or Budapest, in strong local collaboration for the Eastern European region reporting to the Technical Support Manager (solid line) and is also a member of Global Sales Support Department (dotted line).
- The position requires a minimum of 3 months of training in Rugby, UK
- Knowledge of biological treatment processes and be the subject matter expert for Eastern Europe
- Advising wastewater process solutions to end-users/ designers during the design phase of greenfield/retrofit projects and provide process audits for existing plants
- Act as “connector” between local commercial teams and global product management to ensure clear communication, remove bottlenecks, expedite request of support (sales and technical)
- Transfer knowledge from global Treatment team directly to local Sales/Technical department – providing internal trainings to colleagues
- Coordinate activities with local commercial team and service team to ensure premium support/service to the customer
- Proactively identify gaps in internal processes and abilities to address our customer’s needs
- Participate in sales visits (as needed) to current and potential clients such as Public Utilities / Industrial designers, key contractors, end-users and service providers with the aim of promoting the full breath of Xylem product portfolio
- Deliver technical presentations and trainings to designers and key contractors on Xylem’s portfolio of solutions
- Contribute to sales results by supporting the commercial teams in achieving their performance targets
- Be assertive and focused on customer success, respond quickly to opportunities, and implement countermeasures when execution deviates from plan
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge treatment process know-how as well as relevant industry and regulatory trends
- Keeping proper records including contracts, e-mail handling, customer relations management, tenders and quotations
- Works with third party designers and contractors along with Xylem commercial teams to explore mutual benefits and reasonable options to achieve all parties (contractor, end user, partners) success goals while maintaining mutual trust among all parties
- Lead by example and proactively mentor colleagues on technically solving our customer’s needs
- Travel up to 40% of the time
- Actively self-assess himself / herself to identify his / her technical areas of development
- Proactively develop his / her technical expertise
- Actively support HR initiatives (personal development, mandatory trainings)
- Actively lead internal projects to develop the efficiency of the entire organization
- Proactively ensure that all Xylem business activities are fully compliant
- Compliance with Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical expertise of wastewater biological processes
- Knowledge of technological issues in wastewater treatment
- Ability to technically influence process designs with strong customer-focus
- Ability to develop business by leveraging internal or external resources
- Comfortable with working in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Able and comfortable to promote long-term projects, understanding multiple connections and influences
- Ability to achieve results within matrix organization and non-direct reports including sales managers, Key Account teams and customer support teams
- Be a connector between functions, customers and partners
- Keep constant connection with the broader global Xylem organization to find out best practices, stay aware of key successes and promote them where applicable in the local region
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years experience of treatment process design and/or operation
- Experience in public utility and/or industrial applications preferred
- Experience of working in wastewater/water sector
- B2B segment to deliver and negotiate the project conditions
- Must be able to read and interpret complex technical drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement projects independently or as a team leader.
- An innate passion for solving wastewater problems and being customer-focused
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written.
- Fluency in Romanian is a plus