Sales Account Manager (Municipal)Sales | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
In this role you will be responsible for engaging with Severn Trent Water PLC on a “top to bottom” basis to represent Xylem Water Solutions within the Severn Trent region – this involves ownership of all Xylem interactions with Severn Trent and in particular the Pump & Mixer framework.
Key to the success of the role will be the maintenance of Xylem presence in the Pump Service Centres (PSC) – based at Finham, and Mansfield. It is required that the holder of the role will be in daily contact with the Senior Technicians at these sites and visit each workshop at least once per week – in reality, this will be more than once per week.
The nature of this visit will be to ensure that Xylem are involved with all related PSC activities including but not limited to basic pump supply, supply of spare parts, supply and installation of replacement pumps, stock handling and feedback to the business and technical support on the Xylem range,
Additionally, the post holder will be expected to identify and visit the key operational and maintenance staff in the Severn Trent area. These visits will be general maintenance visits and there will be toolbox talks to cover the Xylem offering.
Submission of monthly KPI data will also be a part of this role, as will attendance at monthly review meetings called by the Severn Trent Category Manager.
There is also the requirement to work with the wider internal Xylem team to promote and support the full Xylem portfolio – this would be more of an ambassadorial role as technical and product support would be provided by the Xylem specialists.
Severn Trent and the former Dee Valley Water geographical areas.
Essential Duties / Principal Responsibilities:
- Working with the Business Development team to define key stakeholders for specific projects.
- Engage with Key Customer Stakeholders to ensure we are receiving enquiries representing the full Xylem product and service portfolio where able to
- Actively promote lunch & learn sessions to ensure the full Xylem portfolio receives maximum exposure.
- Work closely with the Category Manager to develop an excellent working relationship.
- Collect any relevant market intelligence.
- Ability to visit sites and take measurements and readings to ensure Xylem can provide a solution.
- Always maintain accurate customer details and save all customer information on our inhouse CRM system (Salesforce)
- Have and maintain the utmost Health & Safety discipline including Confined Space Training
- Meet personal targets and development goals whilst contributing to team and department target.
- The post-holder must comply with the Company’s Policies and Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Identifying issues to drive performance and continuous improvement.
- To undertake additional duties as required including support of other regions.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License / Certification:
- Knowledge of the UK Water Industry
- Mechanical / Electrical pumping experience
- Experience in the wider Xylem range
- Good written and verbal skills are essential together with commercial awareness and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Computer literate
- Remote – Home Based
- Yes, Valid Driver’s Licence is required.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.