Material Control LeadOperations | San Diego, CA, United States
Our SonTek Team is Hiring for a Material Control Lead!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Material Control Lead will be responsible for coordinate Production Receiving, Shipping, and Scheduling functions. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO), health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Production: Coordinate Scheduling, Receiving and Shipping functions
- Schedules and coordinates production discrete jobs, and/or Production Kanban requirements in MRP system and in KB database to satisfy the production plan and customer demand.
- Communicates potential part shortages to the production manager and planner-buyers through various communication channels including the on-time database.
- Coordinate daily functions consisting of material requests, material moves, receiving, pick requests, cycle counts, shipping etc. Be Available as back up as needed.
- Participates in various Lean activities including Kaizen Events and 5S teams
- Manage back log and ensure demand is fulfilled on time.
- Provide shipment plan to shipping, work closely with logistics to ensure on time shipments.
- Provide information regarding on time delivery (OTD) / on time to promise (OTP) metrics, schedule attainment, and delinquencies on a regular basis.
- Provide a recovery plan to mitigate back order and delinquency.
- Manages Master Scheduler to update schedules for new orders, canceled orders, changed order dates, changed order specifications, and expedite requests.
- Monitors and releases customer orders in the MRP scheduling software (daily pick lists) based on communicated material availability from the various planner-buyers.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Other duties as assigned by the planning and scheduling supervisor.
- Demonstrate as team player to teams and morale while promoting a continuous improvement culture.
- Preferred - Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Leadership experience.
- Experience with an MRP systems
- 2 years minimum experience in production environment (engineering, planning, manufacturing etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Basic math skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills required.
- Intermediate level user of Microsoft Office products - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Green Belt certification, experience with CI practices such as SQDIPE
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the physical demands may include but not limited to walking and/or standing 8+ hours and light lifting of 20-35 pounds.
SALARY: The estimated hourly rate range for this position is $21.00 to $26.00 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.