Maintenance SupervisorOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Maintenance Supervisor!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program.
THE ROLE: The Maintenance Supervisor role administers company policies and rules to coordinate the activities or subordinates in a manner maintaining high morale. Supervise department employees, insuring safe work practices and a safe work environment.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for the maintenance of production and facilities equipment, building, grounds, and janitorial services that support the manufacturing of core products.
- Develop schedule and conduct preventive maintenance work (Implement TPM)
- Actively participate in implementation of workplace safety policies and standards.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as required. Understands priorities and adjusts schedule as per demand.
- Inspect site regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance.
- Responsible for Maintenance Purchasing and physical inventory of maintenance spare parts.
- Purchasing for Maintenance and Facilities – manage company credit card.
- Investigate problems to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Work in compliance with Union contract and shop rules
- Administer discipline as required.
- Ensure all employees follow safe work practices and agency procedures for compliance – conduct weekly safety toolbox meetings
- Enhance LOTO program and conduct yearly trainings for maintenance staff and others as needed.
- Deal with other divisional personnel and outside people as Maintenance needs warrant
- Develop and maintain a flexible, well-trained work force.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Promote Union, Company relations to maintain a high level of morale.
- Inventory control and adjustments with department / Division Staff
- Order / acquire necessary tools and equipment for a safe and productive operation.
- Work with computer systems and preventive maintenance reports
- Verify payroll, vacation, and productivity reports.
- Delegate work assignments to optimize production.
- BS degree or equivalent experience or Trade School education with equivalent experience in a maintenance environment
- 5-10 Years maintenance background (Production environment preferred)
- TPM experience (Managing and implementation)
- Supervisory skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Time management skills
- Project management skills
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.