Field Service Technician - TreatmentOperations | Any Location - New Jersey, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Service Technician, Treatment!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Service Technician - Treatment to be responsible for leading, coordinating and completing startup, service, and contract activities for Xylem products. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an exceptional brand relationship with our customers by acting as a trusted adviser and resource during all on-site and remote support activities. A typical work week would be to travel on Monday and Friday and work in the field Tuesday through Thursday. We offer a full benefits package to include Paid Time Off (PTO), health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to install, startup, functional & performance testing, training, project closeout, warranty transition, service, and aftermarket contracts. Capability of handling PLC software modification a plus
- Electrical equipment experience: low & medium voltage power and distribution panel
- Identify service requirements and manage site resources to complete the activities on time.
- Works with Customer’s representatives to understand equipment issues, troubleshoot and diagnose root-cause problems, and arranges necessary parts and service to resolve issues.
- Timeliness, commitment to customer, and a driving sense of urgency is a requirement
- Collaborate and manage customer communications (requests, complaints, observations, etc.) with the appropriate Xylem internal teams to bring timely resolution to Customer issues.
- Review specifications, design and scope of supply of the assigned projects in order to have a clear and detailed understanding of the requirements to help streamline onsite service completion.
- Customer Management and Communication Skills
- Actively explore and identify unmet customer needs and provide opportunity for innovative solutions. Identification and follow through for potential parts and service opportunities with customers
- Is able to work with different levels of the customer organization, to understand what information needs are required by each level, and deliver same in a timely and complete manner
- Reporting and documentation. Experience with ServiceMax a plus.
- Responsible for timely completion and submittal of all activity reports (weekly) and other associated documentation.
- Identify modifications to existing product/project documentation and communicate to Customer and Xylem project team for review & approval.
- Responsible to ensure all equipment on site work per safety and quality requirements and per company and project specifications.
- Follow and comply with all Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) policies.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Experience with electrical equipment for low & medium voltage power distribution panel, VFD, conduit and cable trays, grounding and three phase network configuration, harmonics and distortion, IEEE & NEC
- Experience in controls & networks for PLC and HMI for online debugging, network troubleshooting, SCADA interface, I/O hardware and software configuration and testing, cross referencing search and code debugging.
- Experience with Ultraviolet Disinfection (UV) and Ozone oxidation process equipment in the municipal or industrial, water or wastewater fields is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand Process and Instrumentation Drawings (P & ID diagrams), Examples: hydraulic profile diagrams, gas and liquid piping or open channel, gas diffusion in liquid (porous diffusers, side stream gas injector), mechanical level control (weir), pump, valves, support and skids, etc
- Training and repair service experience in instrumentation (flow meters, level transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, Dew-point analyzer, etc.).
- General knowledge on UL and CSA.
- Is able to conduct training sessions and presentations in front of groups of Customer operators, technicians, and maintenance staff.
- Requires excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- >75% travel required within the US and Canada. Must be able to acquire and maintain a US or Canadian driver’s license and passport.
- Strong internal & external customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
- Green Belt Certification Preferred (or willingness to acquire)
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the working environment is in both an office and shop/field conditions. The office space conditions may contain florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures, and office noise. The Shop/Field conditions may include work around pipes, vales, electrical equipment and operating machinery such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites, water and wastewater treatment plants. Physical demands may include but not limited to regularly sitting, standing, and lifting up to 50 lbs. In order to fulfill the duties listed above this role will require frequent travel (>75%).
A typical work week would be to travel on Monday and Friday and work in the field Tuesday through Thursday.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.