Field Operator 2Operations | Nashville, TN, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Field Operator is responsible for supporting the delivery, installation and operation of Xylem equipment on Xylem Service Center sites and/or customer job sites.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage. Obtain customer’s signature on appropriate paperwork.
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks. Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job on a customer site. Ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites. Ensures pipeline, pump equipment and accessories are installed according to specification.
- Work independently or as part of a crew to install and dismantle pumping systems and pipelines on customer job sites.
- Prepare electronic work orders.
- Prepare Bill of Ladings (BOLs) to load out equipment from job site. Coordinate with Xylem Service Center Manager to arrange proper timing of truck arrivals to ensure material handling equipment and/or personnel are available.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school or general equivalency degree
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; Class A preferred or willingness to upgrade Class B license
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as telehandlers, skid steers, air tuggers, etc.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read blue prints or other layout and design documents
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders ect.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose and repair simple mechanical issues
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Full range of physical motions (standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing) associated with general labor work continually throughout 8 hours
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.