Factory General Laborer - New Wage Rates/Benefits Day #1Operations | Uniontown, PA, United States
We’re Hiring Factory General Laborers!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Factory General Laborer role located at our Sensus facility in Uniontown, Pennsylvania will be responsible for performing a variety of manufacturing duties necessary for general production or the assembly of water meters and various metering systems. In this role, the incumbent’s duties will also involve assembly, cleaning, sweeping, repairing or the assisting of others. Position typically requires the use and operation of a variety of simple machines, tools, and parts; and the ability to exercise judgement and care to ensure quality of work. We offer a full benefits package to include health, dental, retirement savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Sweeping cleaning, lifting, moving, carrying; obtaining parts and/or assemblies or sub-assemblies, skids, containers, trays, etc.
- Fitting and assembling manually or with hand tools and fixtures.
- Visually check, clean, stamp, and otherwise perform such operations as required to complete assembly as instructed.
- Report unusual production or quality circumstances to supervisor.
- Maintain written or electronic production and job records.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- The ability to read, write, perform simple arithmetic, use simple gauges, and follow instructions.
- One-year prior Industrial/Manufacturing experience gained from the machining, assembly, packaging, material handling, electronics, or plastics injection molding industries is preferred.
- Related manufacturing or vocational-technical training in machine set-up or operation is preferred but not required.
- Basic computer familiarity is preferred.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a manufacturing facility with machinery, equipment and tools used in the assembly of water meters and various metering systems. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing plant environment requiring the use of safety glasses, safety equipment, and in some areas, hearing protection.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work all shifts. Candidates must be available to work all shifts (Day, Afternoon/Evening, and Night) on a non-rotating basis, and work both shift and weekend overtime as necessary.
- Ability to perform movements associated with part assembly, cleaning, sweeping.
- Ability to perform simple lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.