BuyerOperations | Pewaukee, WI, United States
We’re Hiring for a Buyer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Buyer will be responsible to place purchase orders for major commodities including sand castings, fabrications and machining. In this role, the individual will drive continuous improvements internally and with suppliers while maintaining good vendor relationships. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Purchases machine services, motors, castings, forgings, fabrications/machine parts and electrical components.
- Prepares purchase orders and monitors inventory requirements.
- Assists with selection of qualified vendors and monitors their performance for quality, delivery and cost.
- Develops and cultivates good business relations with current and potential suppliers, negotiating price, terms and conditions of purchase and delivery
- Help sourcing search for new suppliers, goods, and services as required
- Maintains vendor relationship and metrics while driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Utilizes total cost analysis to evaluate supply chain options.
- Works closely with the Production Scheduler to enable accurate forecasting and delivery schedules.
- Understand commodities/markets to ensure competitive prices.
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with suppliers for services and urgent drop shipments, obtain freight tracking numbers and communicate to operations status of delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations, Supply Chain, or a related discipline, and at least one year of related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP systems is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills are essential.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.