Assembler – Sign-On Bonus $1,000Operations | San Diego, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Assemble electronic components, subassemblies or systems for our SonTek Doppler sonar products by performing the following duties.
Sign-On Bonus: $500 paid at 30 days and $500 paid at 90 days of employment**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Follow work instructions, production drawings and procedures under supervision.
- Utilize schematics, Engineering drawings, verbal instructions, change notices and parts list to inspect for update and verify assemble revisions.
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly/rework operations including assembly tasks such as soldering surface mount, thru hold, potting, encapsulating, sanding, epoxy bonding, etc.
- Perform automated or manual test and inspection to ensure that parts built meet defined specifications and standards.
- Collect, log into database, analyze and interpret test data.
- Required to complete paperwork and maintain accurate documentation.
- Perform routine electronic testing.
- Verify that products meet or exceed stated requirements related to workmanship and product specifications
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Degree/GED or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a production environment
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and possess a can-do attitude
- Surface mount soldering experience is required
- Strong mechanical skills, knowledge of most hand tools, crimp tools and torque tools
- Ability to lift 25 lbs and perform repetitive hand motions
- Knowledge of ESD procedures
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, assembly drawings and follow on computer and written work instructions
- Be able to prioritize and plan work activities and Attention to details essential
- Follow safety procedures
- Must be able to read, write and understand English and follow instructions
- Basic computer and MS Office (Word, Excel and Access) user experience is a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-30 lbs.)
- Ability to move within work cell as necessary
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work usually performed in a general production/assembly environment
- Standard weekly job hours is 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.