Application EngineerEngineering | Any Location - North Carolina, United States
We’re Hiring for Application Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Application Engineer will provide technical leadership in helping utilities to deploy wireless metering infrastructure, software and meters. Additional responsibility for delivering a system solution that is optimized, reliable, and flexible that provides advanced measurement, data collection, analysis and control capabilities and helps our customers improve operational efficiency. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Conducts in depth database monitoring and analysis for Sensus Regional Network Interface data streams.
· Responsible for system analysis for the Sensus FlexNet System.
· Troubleshoots highly complex system level issues that encompass system configuration, hardware, firmware, and software.
· Monitor system hardware and software for proper delivery of data for customer operations.
· Assist customer to optimize the system information requirements for their business processes.
· Provide feedback to design and development engineering for product improvement.
· Engage development engineering in system troubleshooting as required
· Work with Field Sales teams, value added resellers, and distributors to deliver fully functional, configured, operational system that meets all of our customers Service level agreements.
· Develops bash shell/Perl Scripting as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field preferred,
- 5+ years of project/program management experience
- Self motivated, self starter who is a continuous learner, seeking novel and efficient mechanisms to improve all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing projects with both software and hardware components. Experience with Risk Management, Resource Management, Experience with Stage Gate/Waterfall/or Agile process methodologies
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience communicating with internal and external audiences, including customers
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Approximately 5% travel required
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $77,000 to $95,000 . Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Wellness programs, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
This role may require travel up to 5%.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.