Rugged & Online Probe for Measuring Nitrate and Ammonium Concentrations with Ion Selective Electrodes (ISEs)
The VARiON is an ISE probe for the IQ SensorNet process monitoring system. The VARiON provides continuous and reagentless monitoring of Potassium or Chloride, plus Ammonium and Nitrate, simultaneously. The probes in the VARiON series are the most precise and reliable electrodes on the market.
The individually replaceable electrodes have a typical lifetime of 18 to 24 months and are warrantied for 1 year, minimizing maintenance efforts and ownership costs. The VARiON is a good choice for simultaneous nitrification/denitrification monitoring and process control of aeration, mixed liquor recirculation, and external carbon dosing.
- Accurate and Reliable - Measure ammonium and nitrate plus 1 compensation electrode (potassium or chloride). The VARiON reference system is very stable over long periods
- Cost Savings - Individually user-replaceable electrodes have a typical lifetime of 18 to 24 months and are warrantied for 1 year, minimizing maintenance efforts and ownership costs
- Smart Technology - Digital probe automatically recognizes electrodes
- Protected Investment - Backed by a 2-year probe warranty and a 1-year electrode warranty
- Rated Class I, Division 2 (CID2) - Conforms with NFPA standard 820 for CID2, groups A, B, C, D, and T6 to reduce the potential effects of fire or explosion for hazardous locations in wastewater applications
Digital ISE sensor for NH4 and NO3, connectable to the IQ SENSOR NET
Ion selective measurement of ammonium and nitrate free of reagents with automatic compensation of potassium/chloride with the VARiON® Plus 700 IQ:
- Ammonium and nitrate measurement directly in the process
- Simultaneous compensation of potassium, chloride
- No sampling, reagent-free
- Calibration free, long-term stability
These especially stable electrodes ensure long operation times and a simple cleaning method. To measure, simply install the respective electrode into the IQ SENSOR NET, everything else will take place automatically. In the measured value display, the values that have already been compensated, are displayed, you can select potassium or chloride output. These values also stand for the signal output per 0/4-20 mA output or digital output (Profibus, Modbus RTU, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP) is directly available.
New: Measurement of media with high ammonium load
When thickening or dehydrating wastewater treatment sludge, the so-called centrate water is generated. This water has an especially high amonium content. The centrate water is not drained but rerouted into the wastewater circuit of the system or directly broken down into elementary nitrogen (deammonification). In both cases, the determination of the NH4 freight is very important for an optimal process run. High NH4 concentrations of up to 2000 mg/l can now be determined directly in the medium by means of the Varion®Plus 700 IQ, in centrate water as well as in process waters!
- VARiON®PlusAN/A comp SET-Sensor incl. NH4, NO3, K and reference electrodes (SKU: 107066)
- VARiON®Plus 700 IQ - IQ sensor for NH4, NO3, K and Cl (ISE) (SKU: 107040)
- VARiON®Plus A comp SET - Sensor incl. NH4, K and reference electrodes (SKU: 107060)
- VARiON®Plus N comp SET - Sensor incl. NO3, Cl and reference electrodes (SKU: 107062)
- VARiON®PlusAN/Ncomp SET (SKU: 107068)