Salesforce CRM DeveloperInformation Technology | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our IT CRM Team. The role will be responsible for all types of standard Salesforce Development and customization. This includes configuration, coding, unit testing, building applications, and creating and modifying existing applications. This position will work alongside Salesforce Administrators and other Business Analysts.
- Work with Business Analyst to translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
- Develop, test, and document working custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Develop using Apex and Visualforce and leverage the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform to support existing customizations
- Follow and understand Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members
- Communicate effectively with a globally distributed team
- Develop and maintain integration of Salesforce.com with other systems via our integration platform
- Analyze and document functional and technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com development including modification of standard objects and fields and creation of custom objects and fields
- Apex and Visualforce development, design, configuration, testing and deployment of Salesforce.com solutions
- In depth knowledge of REST/SOAP APIs and experience building integrations with Salesforce.com.
- CRM Architect experience is highly desired.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Interested in developing a professional network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for clients
- Force.com Certified Developer Certification required
- Salesforce Administrator Certification required
- Candidates must be able to work a rotational schedule to meet global client needs
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 35 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.