Production FitterOperations | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Our team in Quenington are looking for a Production Fitter to perform the assembly of all bareshaft pumps, diesel/electric acoustic canopy sets, diesel driven and electric open mounted units and hydraulic driven units associated with the Godwin pump product range.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble pumps and pump sets to the highest standard of quality and to ensure all required tolerances are achieved in order that both static and duty testing of the final product is achieved.
- Achievement of the build schedule timescales based on standard build times,
- At all times work constructively to identify and progress problems impacting the product build or schedule.
- Safety of yourselves and others around you.
- To accurately build bareshaft pumps and pump sets to approved engineering drawings, fitting notes, technical bulletins and standard build procedures.
- Work as part of a flexible team to ensure the overall build schedule is achieved and customer expectations are maintained.
- Work in an efficient, effective and orderly manner at all times.
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times,
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Qualified to City and Guild / NVQ level 3 standard on Mechanical Engineering / Fitting.
- 4 Years post apprenticeship experience.
- Work performed in a workshop divided into work areas equipped with standard hand tool shadow boards and special tooling,
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.