Product Engineer – Packaged SystemsEngineering | Eastern Creek, Australia, Australia
Xylem, a global water technology provider with one mission: to help our customers solve water through the power of technology and expertise. Let’s create a world that is more water-secure and sustainable for all.
We have a rewarding opportunity based in Sydney for a Product Engineer with a desire to solve water through the creation of packaged solutions, with a strong mechanical aptitude and experience in creation of general assembly, component fabrication drawings, P&ID etc to support sales growth, procurement and production in the creation of market leading packaged solutions.
Reporting to the Product and Marketing Manager you collaborate with the production manager to ensure valuable production assembly documentation is created as well as working on continuous improvement of product design and assembly processes.
The role will see you:
- Complete Mechanical and Electrical Design utilising inventor
- Assisting product management to develop and maintain a Product Roadmap, product strategy, and implementation plan for localised packaged product.
- Support product localisation and co-operation with suppliers.
- Responsible for supporting development of specific technical knowledge and expertise in a function, area or region.
- Identify opportunities to improve ways of working to increase efficiency and effectiveness of tools, knowledge and expertise in the business and to increase value to the customer.
- Identify and understand areas for customer satisfaction improvement, influence stakeholders and implement measures to drive improvement.
This rewarding role will see you bring your design experience and knowledge from pumps or a similar market. You will have experience and be competent in CAD modelling and drafting, including demonstrable experience in AutoCAD Mechanical, Creo and/or Inventor along with being familiar with relevant Australia standards. You will have a collaborative, continuous improvement mindset, your thirst for knowledge and can-do attitude will drive you to succeed.
Apply Now, work for a global leader who truly values their people and be rewarded with generous employee benefits like bonuses, company funded income protection and the opportunity to join Xylem’s volunteer program “Watermark” and become part of the solution to “Solve water”! For a confidential discussion please contact Kelly Jenkins at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org