Executive Assistant (m/f/d) at our European HQ in SchaffhausenAdministration | Schaffhausen, Switzerland, Switzerland
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a leading global water technology company with over 16.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are a global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
The Executive Assistant (f/m/d) provides high level secretarial and administrative support for all of the daily duties. Requiring discretion, confidentiality, a good understanding of technical and business vocabulary, and a detailed knowledge of the organization’s operations, procedures, and people.
Location: Xylem European HQ in Schaffhausen/Switzerland, but Home office / Remote options are also possible with regular presence on-site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination of activities and ensuring timely flow of information. Collecting and forwarding reports, requests and approvals to the appropriate people
- Serves as facilitator, coordinator and administrator to different VP’s in order to maximize the efficiency in managing the business
- Manages and coordinates elements of business travel and events, using judgement on specifics as appropriate
- Organization and management of meetings and preparation of meeting material, taking minutes and follow-up on action items
- Control and maintenance of the calendar/-s
- Prepares informal and formal correspondence in English and German. Translations if necessary from German to English
- Various administrative tasks as expense reports, follow up on invoices, taking calls, ordering catering and preparing org charts
- Maintain, organize and update the Sharepoint Site (Intranet)
- Support communication and engagement to the broad EU Leadership team
- Collecting incoming information and making sure it is available if needed
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma or commercial apprenticeship and further education to Executive Assistant
- Several years’ experience in providing administrative support to management
- Work experience in an international environment
- Advanced software skills: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, Teams, SharePoint and Visio)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English, swiss German native speaking would be ideal
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy and ensuring attention to detail
- Thorough, situationally aware of what is important and not, well-planned trips and travel booking
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Sr. Corporate Recruiter at +49 1621374371.
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.