Customer Service RepresentativeSales | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: To provide quality sales and order support to customers while striving to add customer value by meeting established customer service levels.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide service and support to customer and YSI locations worldwide Process orders, received via phone, fax, and e-mail
- Process RMA’s, credits, restocking fees for product returns
- Coordinate and respond to customer requests for information involving other internal departments such as accounting, shipping, planning/scheduling and technical support
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- View and analyze customer account information.
- Create invoices and credits and make adjustments to invoices if necessary
- Maintain strong relationships with YSI dealers, salespeople, and selling partners.
- Knowledge of all contractual agreements including pricing and commission
- Share product quality, marketing and market intelligence information received with appropriate EPG team members
- Filing and other administrative tasks
- Assume other activities, projects and responsibilities as requested
- Enter, maintain and acknowledge customer orders in Oracle system
- Answer phone calls, e-mails and faxes meeting agreed upon customer service levels and time frames
- Work with planning & scheduling to determine ATP and delivery dates
- Perform customer service activities such as providing quotes, pricing, order status, freight quotes
- Provide forecast manager with relevant demand information
- Process letters of credit, proforma invoices
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years experience in fast paced global customer service environment.
- Prefer experience with Oracle 11i software system.
- Experience working with international customers and ability to prepare letter of credit, proforma invoices highly desired
- Strong oral and written communication skills Knowledge of import/export processes, regulations, laws, and methods
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles such as debits and credits
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Typing rate of 40-45 wpm. 50% of time spent keyboarding.
- High accuracy level required.
- Foreign language is preferred
- Technical experience such as in a field or lab water testing role or working with analytical instrumentation is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer problems such as shipment errors or account reconciliation questions
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.