SI Analytics OptiLine 6
Electrode for Photometric Titrations
The OptiLine 6 is a photometric sensor that can be used like any other sensor. With the additional analog BNC / DIN connection, it can be connected to titrators or pH meters.
Many titration applications and methods, e.g. N Ph.Eur or USP prescribe the use of an indicator for the titration end point. There are also methods that explicitly require the use of a photometric sensor.
- 6 wavelengths over a wide range:470, 520, 570, 590, 605 and 625
- The wavelengths are adjustable via TitroLine® 7XXX
- 100% resistant against solvents due to shaft made out of titanium. This makes a very wide range of applications possible
- Very compact. Fits into each standard titration clamp/-head.
- Easy to clean. Simply rinse with solvent and / or water
The OptiLine 6 is compatible with YSI's TitroLine®7000, 7750, and 7800 via the USB connector. The sensor is supplied with current and detected as a digital sensor. This allows the setting of the wavelengths and other parameters such as the intensity via the Titrator or TitriSoft software.
Typical applications for the OptiLine 6 include determination of chondroitin sulfate-sodium, carboxyl end groups in PET (non-aqueous), TAN/TBN according to ASTM D974 (non-aqueous), sulfate, and all complexometric titrations like total hardness.