Vertical Marketing ManagerMarketing | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: We seek a Vertical Marketing Manager dedicated to promoting the Sensus solutions portfolio to the water distribution utilities market in North America. Your comfort zone is working cross-departmentally to keep your products and solutions visible and profitable. In this role you’ll work with Product Management counterparts, MarComm teammates and colleagues throughout the company to orchestrate market strategy for solutions including metrology, communications technology, applications and services.
You stand ready to represent the company at all times and with virtually any audience to explain the customer-led benefits of your solution area. You are focused on driving effective messaging and marketing programs to support market growth, shorter sales cycles and higher revenues.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Use marketing intelligence to identify trends, opportunities, competitor activity, customer needs and identify areas of competitive advantage to grow current and potential markets. Use these analyses to:
- Define the addressable/obtainable market and provide fundamental product/solution positioning.
- Provide regular competitive analysis reports and readouts to stakeholders.
- Develop and evolve market segmentation strategy.
- Help develop customer insights, personas and customer journey mapping by analyzing data from industry, sales/channel and marketing inputs.
- Contribute to development of effective sales enablement programs, go-to-market and other communications campaigns.
- Support sales education and strategic account strategy, including direct sales opportunity support as needed.
- Partner closely with Product Management to gather, analyze and act on Voice of Customer (VOC) initiatives. Cultivate customer relationships to build your feedback network where appropriate.
- Define the solution area’s value proposition and make suggestions for new business models as well as optimal paths to profitable growth.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for solution area, able to write and present with authority and domain expertise.
- Develop compelling content to be used to further market growth (i.e., blogs, white papers, presentations, videos, etc.)
- Engages with industry associations and professional organizations to provide thought leadership and learn best practices.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree in related field (i.e., Business, Marketing or Engineering)
- 10+ years relevant working experience
- Industry knowledge required (public and/or private water utilities)
- Solid relationship building skills to effectively collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical and results-driven
- Customer-first mindset
- Experience working closely with cross functional teams including, Product Marketing, R&D, Sales, Marketing Communications, Field Marketing, etc.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and demonstrates excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Can work effectively independently and on a team
- Ability to travel, when safe (up to 25%)
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
- Sense of humor and ability to thrive in a strong team-oriented environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.