Sr. Global Product Manager, RentalProduct Management | Any Location - United States, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This enterprise leader will be responsible for driving the growth and profitability of Xylem global rental business. This includes creating a global eco-system across the enterprise with the intent to significantly grow our global rental offering. This key influencer will help define Xylem’s rental value proposition, brand identity, global vision and roadmap.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Ownership of the overall profit and growth of Xylem’s global rental business. Lead Xylem in defining a winning customer experience, including digital interfaces, that provide a pain-free experience when renting from Xylem. Once defined, this role will be a key leader in aligning senior management on the required investment and then supporting the execution of the customer experience strategy. Establishing a community of practice across all rental entities to share customer needs, selling capability, technical knowledge, drive operational excellence, and regional expansion. This includes teaming with Continuous Improvements and regional commercial teams to remove business complexity and improve the operation and customer experience. Benchmarking Xylem rental against global competition, develop and actively manage a multi-year roadmap, and support regional commercial teams in creating annual operating plans and investments needed to meet strategic growth objectives. Create a global dashboard of KPIs and metrics to monitor and manage rental performance. This includes making recommendations of organization, operational and investment changes needed to meet the desired operating efficiency and market growth. Define the overall value proposition for rental and collaborate with Marketing to effectively advertise rental in traditional and digital formats. Partner with our life cycle services team to identify and leverage synergies between our rental and service organizations and foster greater “community” between sales and business units, globally. Work with product management and product development teams to identify new product offerings and product changes needed to fill gaps in the rental product portfolio. Internal communications to inform colleagues of the Xylem Rental initiatives, strategy, commercial wins and industry and social media presence.
Defining the product strategy
- Develop Rental roadmap that covers positioning, pathways for scale and value proposition. Serve as key input into resource allocation, investment and capability needs, business development, and communications.
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing team to develop global-, regional- and local plans that will empower and enable sales.
- Assigns and take ownership of Xylem business processes by developing the business case, product requirements etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs.
- Understands and specifies market requirements, competition, market and technology trends for current and future products. Conducting product related market research, Voice of Customer, customer visits and close collaboration with local-regional product managers and vertical marketing.
Sales and Profitability
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global sales and margin plan. If targets are not meet execute on the countermeasures
- Follow up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, identify gaps and raise the need for countermeasures to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets.
- Ensure the product offering mirrors the product brand values
- Thought leadership activities (e.g. white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Collaborates with Communications, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC
Leadership & People/Team Development (if a people manager)
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Hiring the right team, providing development opportunities
- Develop and execute on robust succession plans
- Role model superior coaching & mentoring capabilities
- Health and safety of the workforce.
- Develop a culture customer centric organization and behavior
- Personal ongoing development.
- Consultants, Contractor, Plant Manager, End users, Service Workshops, Design Engineers, Director Utilities, Distributors and Developers
- Operations, R&D, Legal, Finance, Strategy, Regional- and Local Product Managers, Communications, Vertical Marketing, Managing Directors, Sales, Technical/Applications Support
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent, a higher degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years previous experience in Rental and industrial equipment environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- This position must be located near a Xylem office: location varies.
- As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company
- Travel: International and Domestic travel required, up to 50%
- Misc: Exposure to undesirable field elements at mines, treatment plants, industrial facilities or contractors site when travelling
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.