Senior Java Developer - MicroservicesEngineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Part 1 Describe the Position
Application Developers will participate in the development process from definition to deployment. Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem's software offering. Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture. Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented. Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas. Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
Type of Engagement: Full Time
Title : Sr. Backend Developer
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem’s software offering.
- Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture.
- Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Part 2 Describe the Person
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- BS in Computer Science or BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication or related fields or Master in Science in Software or MCA
- 5 to 7 year’s minimum of Java development in a team environment
- Proven ability to develop back end services in a large scale, high performance environment
Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Experience working with REST, SOAP, and creating web services.
- Good knowledge about Threads.
- Experience with Java8 and above, Spring and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Micro service development and the application of DDD concepts
- Knowledge of tools such as JAXB, Jackson, and GSON.
- Experience in Maven and Docker and Elasticsearch
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS systems.
- Experience with Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop (HBASE, Hive) or other noSql data store is an advantage.
- Experience in IOT applications
- Experience in Data heavy applications
- Experience with secure credential storage and management (RBAC)
- Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.