Senior Engineering Technician (T4)Engineering | Portsmouth, UK, United Kingdom
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of the role:
Has advanced and specialised expertise, typically developed through a combination of on the job training and considerable on the job experience. Complete assignments and facilitates the work activities of others; may coordinate work beyond own area of responsibility. Proposes improvements to processes. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices. Leads one or more teams in the performance of a variety of tasks that are often complex
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Lead Engineer, coordinating the work of others – Site Supervisor/QS/trainer for the region.
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Guide and supports junior team members; may assist in their formal training
- Complete assignments and facilitates the work activities of others; may coordinate work beyond own area
- Proposes improvements to processes
- Leading and coordinating the work of others
- Acts as a lead, coordinating the work of others
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ideally Electrically qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 18th Edition) or Mechanical equivalent (dependant on role) Minimum Level 2.
- Good knowledge of pumps/pumping systems, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components / panels to 18th Edition.
- Full driving licence