RMA TechnicianEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a RMA Technician who will work as part of the Quality
engineering group to support various RMA activities including testing returned units, conducting failure analysis and determining root-cause issues. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual responsible for triage testing, diagnosing and evaluating returned products by understanding potential issues based on feedback from customers. Strong attention to detail is critical and the ability to follow established evaluation procedures (and develop new methods as needed) for high volume evaluation of returns. Capable of detailed data collection of findings and assisting in preparation of detailed test and failure analysis RMA reports when investigations are complete.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Test, diagnose, and evaluate product issues using engineering analysis techniques and
- Must be able to communicate issues effectively in both oral and written terms when testing,
diagnosing, evaluating and repairing returned products with customers and internally with coworkers.
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting and stress testing of systems and components; good
working knowledge of electronic device testing equipment, fixtures and device evaluation and
- Ability to interpret and assist with product/component electrical drawings, schematics,
component specifications, product assembly drawings and bills of material structures.
- Ability and aptitude for using electrical engineering test instruments and test equipment
(e.g. Multimeter, Oscilloscope, LCR meters, Network Analyzers, data loggers, test fixtures….).
- Appreciation for basic electrical and mechanical safety and adherence to best practices
regarding industrial hygiene and workplace safety.
- Ability to use general Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint …) and additionally
interest/aptitude to learn ECAD applications (e.g. schematic capture and layout).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required in electrical engineering.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associates degree (2 yr.) in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar related field, or
High School diploma plus applicable Military Avionics/Electronics Training/Qualification or
equivalent and related experience.
- Extremely dependable and productivity minded; able to work with minimal supervision.
Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude/interest and manual dexterity.
Understanding of moderate assemblies and interactions (i.e. fits and finishes); Spatial
relations capability and established trouble-shooting skills a must.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across multiple engineering disciplines as needed (e.g.
electrical/ mechanical / manufacturing…).
- Highly organized and assertive; capable of managing multiple competing priorities.
- Work effectively with diverse team members in a collaborative team environment. Statistical analysis/inference training expertise would be beneficial
- Training and familiarity with hand soldering processes and related tools.
- Training and certification in IPC and or JEDEC soldering standards would be beneficial.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.