Procurement Project ManagerProject Management | Lainate, Italy, Italy
The Procurement Project Manager EMEIA is responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of the Global project management office (PMO) that provides the oversight, tools and processes, cadence, metrics, KPI's, reports that indicate the health of projects, facilitation of project board review meetings, capability building, and escalation processes of procurement projects to ensure efficient, effective, and successful execution of the project plan.
He/she will use GEP (Xylem’s eprocurement suite) as the primary data source for project identification and high level project tracking and will be expected to utilize professional project management tools/software and templates to train others in advanced project management techniques and act as the process expert in the tool use on projects management.
The Procurement Project Manager will work with the Process Excellence Team and Global PMO in XGP. They will act as the project manager, in partnership with the project owners and stakeholders, for procurement initiatives from (validated) ideation through realization, that have broad regional or global impact, and/or high spend/savings potential as well as risk mitigation as assigned by the XGP leadership team.
Project Management Office (PMO)
Develop the cadence for regular project reviews of procurement projects including the following:
- Methodology to extract and identify the high impact procurement projects in GEP for monthly review.
- Development of the template and metrics used in the project status reviews with management
- Develop the countermeasure and escalation triggers when projects are not on plan
- Utilize and implement tools within GEP that enable system metrics on milestone performance for project owners.
Coach and support users in the compliance of state of the art use of these system tools and requirements for project management implementation, provide regular management reports that indicate the health of procurement projects and project execution efficiency and effectiveness.
Project Management Tool Set and Support (high level projects)
- Utilize project management tools to manage project details.
- For high impact procurement projects assigned by the leadership team, lead the creation of the project plan with project owners for all phases of the project.
- Collaborate with the category managers at initial project plan creation.
- Define the project plan with the CM's and stakeholders. Drive and manage the project execution as assigned to activity owners.
Train and build capability of project management across the organization
- Implement effective progress meeting status updates, project tracking tool usage, action item registers, green/yellow/red flags on plan, action owner performance against baseline plan, countermeasure, risk mitigation, critical path analysis, slack management, and escalation protocol when plans enter yellow and red status.
- Indicate dollar or business impact on project plan slips to help prioritize countermeasures.
Primary internal and external (outside Xylem) contacts with whom position interacts on a regular and recurring basis and purpose/nature of the contact
- Effectively communicate project schedule and agreed upon Xylem tasks; driving deliverables internally through leadership, progress reports, regular task owner inputs and holding them accountable to meet their deliverables.
- Facilitate development of project milestones with the supplier and supplier commitments. Highlight issues to CM's as appropriate if supplier is not executing to plan. Develop countermeasures.
Xylem Global Procurement
- Work in partnership with the CM or task owners to assist in the development of a project plan using professional tools and processes.
- Train the project owner in managing the project himself/herself through software tool use and "soft" tools in managing other stakeholders to their action items and commitments.
- Train XGP and project owners in effective project management skills and recommended training.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Other
Bachelors of Degree.
Project management certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and tools; direct work experience in project management capacity of 5+ years and experience in leading a procurement project management office/system.
- Experience managing projects related to procurement and demonstrated skills, tool usage, and senior management interface experience in presenting project plan updates in a concise manner.
- Familiarity/experience of category strategy, procurement, and sourcing process execution phases and gates.
Management / Technical Skills
- Proficient in project management software and Microsoft Office products, especially excel; good facilitation and analytical skills; excellent interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience.
- Knowledgeable in Gantt charting, six sigma techniques.
- Proven record in procurement project management and adept at running successful projects and training others in the use of these tools and skills.
- Ability to summarize projects into executive presentations and inspire project owners to see project management as a critical methodology for their success in running projects.