Monitoring & Controls Regional Service TechnicianOperations | Sanford, FL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Regional Service Technician will assist and coordinate a wide variety of regional activities pertaining to the Monitoring & Controls Solutions within the sales offices, distributors, representatives and authorized service locations for all Xylem Dewatering & Water Infrastructure brands– specifically to install, troubleshoot and conduct hands-on technical trainings of our controls product lines and digital solutions and services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Coordinate mechanical & electrical technicians to execute installation, commissioning and perform operational test. Technicians could be Xylem employees or externals provided by different contractors.
- Provide hands-on technical support for Xylem control panels by decommission, reconfigure, retrofit, troubleshoot, install, and terminate new hardware.
- Read and follow Electrical Schematics in order to assemble and terminate all Inputs/Outputs to comply with the Scope of Work. Provide schematic mark-ups to Engineering teams for updates
- Lead site operators to make sure all the new control philosophy (Automation Logic) is tested and working according with Scope of Work, but also do fine tuning for operation variables our customer need for their particular application.
- Conduct technical seminars in a classroom environment for large groups of people. By utilizing multimedia tools and demo deliver adequate training to both customers and fellow service staff to enable them to take ownership of their Xylem M&C products. Training might be conducted remotely thru video-conference software platforms.
- Guide the service efforts of all Flygt / Godwin (and other relevant Xylem brands) distributors/representatives/OEM service facilities in the Region in accordance with company policies and procedures. Assist end users with service related issues.
- Provide supervision and training to appropriate personnel to assure smooth, efficient and effective service operations (includes in-shop repairs, start-ups and field service). Coordinate all shop/service operations and assure the timely shipment of all product and parts
- Interface with end-users (in some cases with reps and distributors) handling service problems and start-ups either by phone or on-site visit. Assist office personnel with product specifications as required.
- Assure compliance with all established personnel policies and procedures.
- Support the ‘service call center’ process by providing support to our end users.
- Includes education and support related to all communication of Technical and Service bulletins
- The position has a dotted line to the Monitoring and Controls Project Manager to establish coordination of Branch operations and Sales.
- Developing talent & capability
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in industrial controls and automation applications with a working knowledge of electrical control panels, SCADA, VFD’s, PLCs, telemetry, distributed control networks and industry standard communications protocols
- 2+ years equipment maintenance experience in water and/or wastewater collection or treatment systems.
- 2+ years electrical controls technical training or equivalent is required
- Highly motivated, clear thinking, strong communications skills, and ability to lead and make decisions
- Working knowledge in water/wastewater processes, including pumping and various treatment equipment
- Treatment focus around disinfection (UV, Ozone), aeration, and filtration
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the operating and fiscal benefit of the company, distribution and the end-user.
- Very strong customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
- Must have proactive ES&H focus in and around company and customer worksites; as well as on travel to and from.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, prioritization and communication skills (written and verbal) are necessary to help define, develop and enforce initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop, Field or Customer location: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc, such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites and drinking water/wastewater treatment plants.
Standard weekly job hours: 40+ hours
Travel requirement: As required to fulfill the duties listed above (up to 75%). Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.