ML/AI Developer ELDPResearch & Development | Sundbyberg, Sweden, Sweden
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) - AI/ML developer
Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) is an intense two year program for people who have a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share Xylem's desire to solve the world’s toughest resource challenges. The program is designed to accelerate professional development through technical and leadership training and a variety of business-critical assignments. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the Xylem Engineering Leadership Development Program is for you!
The Engineering Leadership Development Program consists of three rotational assignments which are driven by real business priorities. The program includes Six Sigma Green Belt training, formal presentations to senior leadership, and valuable leadership training. The Rotational assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure to the engineering field. At the end of the program this will enable Xylem and the trainee to find a suitable position within the organization.
In this trainee position you will explore new innovative methods to increase quality and speed in product development and product maintenance. With the latest in applicable algorithms, statistical models and AI/machine learning principles we strive to find ground breaking ways to modernize development work and improve our processes. By means of these methods we see the opportunity to work in ways that were not even possible before.
- Investigating which processes in R&D, product development and product maintenance can be made more efficient or create new value through the use of AI/ ML methods.
- Evaluating methods for black-box optimization within R&D functions such as electrical motors, mechanics, monitoring & control and hydraulics.
- Setting up requirements for data generation and access in processes. Our current data sources reach from simulations and laboratory testing to the extensive testing we do on our products in production.
- Testing, validating and demonstrating new ideas and potential solutions for improvement
- Proposing and developing a library of methods to be implemented for general use or specific purposes
- Initiating and working with continuous improvements within own area
- Supporting other tasks within the company
- Master of Science in mechanical engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science, software engineering or any other quantitative field.
- Expertise in machine learning and artificial intelligence and preferably also mathematical optimization
- Being innovative and visionary. Able to identify new development opportunities and argue for changes.
- Must effectively communicate and co-operate with engineers in an international environment, and own social skills to cultivate cross-functional relations
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
We only accept applicants through careers.xyleminc.com.
Please apply with CV in English.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Leila Sayyad, Corporate Recruiter, Leila.email@example.com .
Welcome with your application!