Metrological Engineer - Operatore Sala MetrologicaOperations | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The candidate will be responsible for the calibration of the instrumentation for dimensional, electrical, and electrical safety checks. Must have skills in the traceability of measurement systems, know how to interpret and apply product and system specifications, conduct appropriate validation and acceptance activities of the different types of instruments having full mastery of the metrological requirements, specific notions of uncertainty calculation. Know conduct structured analysis activities by applying appropriate techniques, such as problem-solving, fault tree, or others . He must know the aspects concerning safety in the metrological field, reporting any risk situations.
- Carry out electrical, mechanical, hydraulic measurements/calibrations
- Support Improvement of Testing Systems in Xylem plants in Italy, Poland and Hungary
- Validate Measurement Systems and Test Benches, within XPD projects and localization
- Cooperate in inter-functional teams for the development of new products
- Monitor the international reference standards and consequently update the internal standards
- Support certification and maintenance of the internal laboratories (currently CTF3)
Work experience requirements
-preferred experience in a similar role: meteorological engineer, test engineer (electronic)
The role requires solid knowledge of the principles and theories regarding measurement systems, units of measurement, and the international system, the ability to interpret specifications, good mathematical skills, and a strong knowledge of traceability and measurement reference. The candidate must also know the safety and quality practices to be adopted in the metrological laboratory.
- Attitude to problem-solving
- Good relational skills
- Effective communication and ability to work in a team
- Result Oriented
- Electro-technical studies or demonstrable equivalent experience. Knowledge of English (intermediate or higher level). Use of the PC, mathematical skills, specific courses in the metrology field.
- Six-Sigma training is a plus (Eg. Green Belt).
- Fluent in Italian
- Good level of English
-Willingness to travel to plants / suppliers abroad Europe(15% of the time, 2week every 6 months)
-Use of PC, MS office, Access, Labview.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)