Manager, Financial PlanningFinance | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This position reports to the Site Controller and would be responsible for providing overall financial support for the Morton Grove site, including financial support and direction for operations, sales/orders planning (S&OP), quarterly forecasts and Budget planning cycles, calculating and tracking process improvements, and Capital Project analysis. The position will assist as required with support on presentations and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Manage the overall forecast for AWS Morton Grove ensuring clear understanding of all variances and critical evaluation of input. (Key result: All variances from forecast, budget and prior year can be adequately explained).
- Position will be a key business partner to Site Leader (Director of Operations) and Site Controller ensuring alignment between sales, finance, and operation teams. Lead weekly site sales meeting to understand business and help drive strategic initiatives. Provide key insights on sales – including mix/margin analysis, customer analysis, and other ad hoc analysis as required. Loading forecast into HFM and serving as power user for the site. (Key result: Meeting or exceeding annual budget Orders/Sales/Standard Margin).
- Leading monthly cost center review with department heads and supporting with other analysis as needed to understand variances and improve operational results. Generate savings ideas based on variance analysis. (Key result: Cost Center Spend comes in on budget/on forecast).
- Responsible for updating sales related and P&L reporting during the monthly close process, including preparing the early look analysis.
- Manages one direct report.
- Coordination of Forecasts/ OP, Outlooks, Flash reviews with AWS Morton Grove
- Monthly analysis for Site Leadership
- Backlog/ B&S analysis
- Consolidated margin analysis
- Support Site leaders with MBR/ QBR
- Revenue/ Cost efficiency analysis
- S&OP Demand alignment with OPS team
- GDP Support
- Ad hoc reporting
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- External: Sales Customers
- Internal: Highly visible role, dotted line support to the Morton Grove Director of Operations
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 7-10 years of business experience
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP).
- Must have the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and HFM skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.